Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hello, Lover!

We had a busy weekend full of cleaning, household projects, grocery shopping, and we had company Saturday into Sunday...then, I got sick.  Sunday afternoon and evening were no fun and Monday was not much better.  I still wasn't feeling the greatest yesterday either, but I think today I can finally say I'm over it.  I missed food so, so much.  So that's where I've been and the reason for the lack of posts, if anyone out there is wondering...

The title of this post is a nod to Carrie Bradshaw from Sex and the City - which I'm super, duper excited that the SATC 2 movie will be out in less than a month, May 27th, woot!  She'd often use this phrase while gazing at a pair of shoes with that "where have you been all my life" tone in her voice.  I used this phrase yesterday while using my new "toy" for the first time... and NO, not that kind of toy, get your mind out of the gutter!

Here she is, my new friend "Mia"...




Seriously, where have you been all my life Clarisonic? It was delivered on Monday and it took all I had not to rip into the package and use it immediately.  Unfortunately, I was sick, so standing for long periods of time was not possible, plus it had to charge for a full 24 hours before the first use.  But yesterday morning I used it in the shower for the first time (it's completely waterproof!) and oh.my.word. it is the neatest feeling ever!  My face felt so clean and smooth, I was instantly in love.  But then my moisturizer felt like it absorbed better and my makeup went on like butter...I was even MORE in love.  Then I used it last night after removing my makeup*, and my face actually looked better...already?  YES!  I have oily/combo skin, so I have large pores on my nose and cheeks.  My pores already look smaller.  I have the start of crows feet around my eyes and a horrid crease between my eyebrows.  Those wrinkles already seem firmer and not as deep.  I am amazed!  I am, however, waiting for the "purge", meaning the breakouts bound to happen from the Clarisonic pulling out the dirt and grime from my face.  So far so good though.

Here are just some of the benefits:
6X more makeup removal
Soft, smooth skin
Cleanses so well that products absorb better
Reduces appearance of oily areas, dry skin patches and blemishes
Reduces the appearance of visible pores

I chose the Mia for a few reasons after going back a forth between that and the Classic: it's smaller, therefore easier to handle, and it works just as well as the bigger, more expensive models.  The Mia only has one speed (where the Classic has two), but now that I have it I don't see the big deal.  I really can't imagine it having a higher speed, whoa!  It still automatically shuts off after one minute of cleansing and it even takes the same brush heads as the Classic.  Speaking of brush heads, the Mia comes with the sensitive while the Classic gives you a choice between the normal and sensitive (they also offer a gentle brush head as well).  Again, no big deal because the sensitive is probably as far as I'll go, I'd be afraid the normal would be too much for my skin. 

Overall, I'm very happy I went with the Mia, although I do wish I could have gotten the yellow but I didn't have a choice unfortunately.  And...drumroll please...it didn't cost me a cent!  It was free!  My dear, sweet husband had a bunch of frequent flyer miles that he actually forgot about.  He got an email a few weeks ago in regards to the miles program he used when he traveled a lot for work, figured out the amount he had really wouldn't benefit us much as far as future travel goes, so he thought he'd buy something fun with them.  Fortunately for me, there wasn't anything he needed/wanted in the range of points he had to shop with so he let me use them!  Nice, huh?  I am, however, going to buy him his own brush head as a thank you.  After all, he just HAS to try this thing out.  I know he'll be just as amazed as I am.

If you already own a Clarisonic, I know you probably sing it's praises to anyone that will listen.  If you don't own one but are thinking about it even just a teeny, tiny bit - buy it!  You won't be sorry!

* ETA: the Clarisonic can be used to remove your makeup as well, but there is a chance it could stain the brush head or gunk it up, therefore having to replace it sooner.  I usually wash my face twice anyway, once to remove makeup and the second time to actually cleanse my skin, so continuing a two step routine at night is what I plan to do to keep my brush heads nice and last as long as possible :)

No comments:

Post a Comment