Wednesday, April 21, 2010

*EASY RECIPE* Creamy Chicken & Herbs

I usually have a few cans of Campbell's condensed soups on hand for crock-pot cooking during the cooler months.  Nothing easier than tossing your meat of choice and a can of soup into the crock-pot and letting it go for a few hours.  During the warmer months I retire the crock-pot and opt to use the grill most nights.  But one night last week it was cold, too cold to grill in my opinion, and I was in a hurry to get dinner on the table.  I noticed we still had some cans of condensed soups and I felt like I needed to use them up so they weren't sitting on the shelf for months until it was crock-pot time again.  I happened to grab a can of cream of chicken & herbs and saw it had a recipe on the label for Creamy Broccoli Chicken & Herbs.  Sounded pretty good, but just one thing, I hate broccoli.  I thought it was a worth a shot to try it out anyway, sans broccoli, and just see what happened.  It was a quick meal too, probably 15 mins. from start to finish, just the way I like 'em!  My interpretation of the recipe:

Creamy Chicken & Herbs

1 tablespoon olive oil
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken with Herbs Soup
1/3 cup water
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
2 handfuls of whole wheat egg noodles

Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until it's well browned on both sides.  Stir the soup, water, parmesan cheese, and garlic powder together in a seperate bowl.  Add soup mixture to skillet.  Heat to a boil.  Reduce the heat to low.  Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.  Serve over cooked egg noodles.


This recipe was meant to made with 4 chicken breasts, but obviously since it's just the two of us, I only made 2 but still followed the full recipe for the soup mixture.  I used the additional soup/sauce to top off the egg noodles and then steamed some sugar snap peas for our veggie.  It was sooooo good!  We both loved it.  I'll definitely make this again.


Can you tell I love my sugar snap peas?!



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound yummy! And I think I over look the sugar snap pea all too often. I should reconsider my veggie options :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sugar snap peas are my favorite veggie next to fresh green beans. We buy the Green Giant Steamers in the little boxes. 4 mins. in the microwave, easy peasy.

    I'm making this meal again one night this week!

    ReplyDelete