Thursday, April 22, 2010

An Act of Desperation

Remember, a little less than a month ago, I blogged about my love for True Lemon?  Well, I was nearing the end of my stash and was in a desperate search for more.  According to their website I was supposed to be able to find it at two grocery stores local to me...neither of which I shop at normally.  So off we went, making a special trip to buy some more...but alas, no True Lemon to be found.  We checked a few more stores along our travels throughout the past few weeks, still nothing.  I was starting to go through withdrawls (lol, not really) and was ready to throw in the towel...how would I go on?

I checked a few places online: eBay, Amazon, and the True Lemon site itself.  After doing some math, figuring out what was going to get me the best deal, I placed my order directly through the True Lemon site because they were offering $2.95 shipping on any orders over $10 - plus! you'd get a FREE 32 count box of either the True Lemon, True Lime, or True Orange (codes are available on their site).  I placed the order Saturday night and looky what was on my doorstep yesterday afternoon:


Let's zoom in a bit, shall we:


That's right, I ordered 500 packets.  532 if you count the free box!  Let's take a peek inside:


I'd say I'm good to go for a while, ya think?

Desperate times call for desperate measures, but definitely worth it since I know they won't go to waste, and it'll save me some time/gas/frustration from trying to find it in an actual brick and mortar store.  If you're lucky enough to find this in your grocery store, first - thank God, second - buy up a few boxes and sell them on eBay, you're bound to make some nice coin!

4 comments:

  1. Oh man why didn't you tell me you were placing an order? I totally would have went half with you . . then again you would have had to split that crop of 500+ packets too. My search continues . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I was reading this I thought "I'll get them and ship them to her". WOW, 500 packets!! That's a whole lotta lemon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow. haha. that's alot.

    i am now a new follower:D follow me too?

    http://www.readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen - I will share some, no worries ;)

    Christina - have you seen this at Wegmans? When I got my box o' lemon, it says it's now available there. Haven't been to one in ages to check.

    Carrie - thanks for following me :)

    ReplyDelete