Saturday, May 22, 2010

Wishin' and Hopin'


Friday began the month-long countdown until my birthday...my 30th, take two ;)  Last year my birthday sucked, not super horribly, but I think the reason it sucked as much as it did was that for my real 30th, I had an idea in my head of what the occasion would be like.  I wasn't hoping for a big party or lots and lots of gifts, I just wanted something special.  A nice dinner with people I cared about and those people actually going out of their way to spend the time with me to mark my 30th year of life.  I pictured a nice, long meal full of laughter and smiles, a drink or two (or ten), and our waitress carrying out a cake full of candles and everyone singing Happy Birthday to ME.  Ok, and maybe a cool gift or two as well ;)  But alas, that wasn't what happened...at all.  Sigh.  I really have no clue how this year's birthday is going to be better than last, I think the fact that there are no expectations will help.  June is already shaping up to be a busy, busy month too...not much time to squeeze in anything spectacular.  Here's hoping the hubster thinks of something fun despite the time constraints!

Then there's the gifts.  Already I have my MIL asking me what I want this year.  She's so great about birthdays, she really tries to make them special.  So I've compiled a small wishlist, emphasis on wish ;)  The hubster better take hints from this list too.

#1 this year is a white watch.  I'm normally not a watch wearer, in fact I don't even own one at all (besides my great-grandmother's antique Bulova, but it doesn't work, so it doesn't qualify).  I'm not a jewelry wearer either (I wear my wedding rings, a small anniversary band on my right hand, and studs in my ears, thats it) but for some strange reason I'm drawn to these watches and I've been obsessing over them.  My first choice would be the Fossil Stella followed by the Stella White Topring.


#2 is the Copco To Go Cup travel mug I saw at Bed, Bath & Beyond during our last shopping trip.  I have a few other travel mugs already but this one is dishwasher and microwave safe...my other mugs are not.  Plus it's super cute and it makes me smile.

 


#3 is the VacuVin Wine Saver.  I've (well, we've) been wanting one for a while now.  We enjoy a bottle of wine here and there, but we don't always finish the bottle the same day we open it.  Our favorite wine shop introduced us to this gadget when we went to stock up before the holidays.  They depend on the VacuVin to preserve their wine between sample pours...can't really expect to gain new customers if you let them sample poorly preserved wine!  They also have a champagne/sparking wine preserver...ooh, add that to the wishlist too :)

 


#4 is an item I ask for every year - Calvin Klein's Eternity Summer perfume.  This year's version is literally Summer in a bottle for me.  They change each year's limited edition Summer scent ever so slightly, and up until this year my favorite version was from 2006, but it's getting harder and harder to find from online retailers.  It may still remain my favorite, but 2010 will come pretty close, plus it'll be easier to find if the next few versions don't wow me either.  Isn't the bottle pretty?  Makes me want to dip my toes in the ocean!

 



I think that's about it as far as actual gifts are concerned, of course the usual Target and Sephora gift cards are always added to the list too.  Sorry for the greedy and selfish sounding post, I just get excited once the birthday countdown starts.  But I'm not only looking forward to the day that I become one year older (insert eyeroll here), my birthday signifies the official start of Summer, yay!  And I love that MY birthday is the longest day of the year  ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment