Saturday, May 15, 2010

Shop It Out continued...

Almost two weeks ago I blogged about a little shopping "spree" of sorts at Old Navy during their 30% off sale.  I bought a few things in store then ended up placing two, yes two!, online orders.  I know clothes fit different people in different ways, but I still wanted to rant and rave about a few key pieces in case someone out there had their eye on any of them...or perhaps you're looking to pick up a few new items for your Spring/Summer wardrobe and could use a little push ;)

First let start with the rants.  Considering all I bought, there were only a few, luckily.  Sometimes Old Navy really doesn't make sense to me be the way some of their clothes fit.  I know I shouldn't complain...they're cheap clothes after all, and let face it, most times you get what you pay for.  But sometimes I'm just stumped and am left wondering just who the heck can fit into some of these things comfortably.  I ordered 3 of the Lightweight Scoop-neck Tees in a small (my "normal" size at Old Navy) and the top half was so darn tight I got a little claustrophobic just trying them on.  The bottom half was loose, bordering on too loose.  It was bizarre.  I thought after the first tee that maybe, just maybe I got a badly sewn tee, but every single one fit the same.  Sad.  I thought these would become my go-to basic tee for the Summer.  I have a bunch of the Ruched V-neck Tees, and love the way they look and fit.  I was hoping these would be similar.

GOOD:                                                  BAD: 


Next rant is over their bermudas.  As I shared previously, I bought a pair of their Perfect Khaki Bermudas in Truffle Brown when I shopped in store.  Obviously I tried them on and they fit great.  When I went to order another pair - the Oxford Bermudas in Maritime - I went ahead and ordered the same size.  Silly me!  When they arrived, they were easily two sizes too big.  Total bummer because they were really cute in person and I loved the length.  I'm hoping to see these in store when I go to return my dud items...I'll laugh if I really do have to go down TWO sizes.

Super cute, but try on in person:













Now for the raves! I ordered two more of the Raw-Hem Jersey Dresses and I LOVE them. Super duper comfortable, perfect for those warm weather days when you want as few layers as possible. I now have one in Bear Hug (brown), Black Jack (black, obviously, lol) and Heather Gray (you guessed it, gray!). These would also work well as bathing suit cover-ups for the beach or pool.













I also got the V-Neck Jersey Dress in Black Jack too...although I think I'm going to order one in Kiwi Kiss (pictured below) and return the black since I have a few other black cotton dresses.  But this dress fits like a dream!  The v-neck is so flattering and even though it does show some cleavage, the cut makes you feel secure, if that makes sense.  I wish they offered this one in more colors.













Last dress...the Cross-Front Cabana Sundress in the Black/White print (yes, I agree, I need a color intervention).  This has a definite "baby-doll dress" styling.  It flares out starting just below the chest area...almost gives the illusion that it should be a dress for someone expecting.  In fact, I'm sure this could work great for someone with a baby bump!  At first when I put it on I thought it would give people the wrong impression and elicit a bunch of questions, lol, but the more I wore it, the more I liked it and at this point I think I'm keeping it.  The print is fun, it's really comfortable, and it even has hidden pockets along the side seams.  It definitely requires a tank of some kind to be worn underneath otherwise you'd be showing more than you'd probably prefer.  I tried it on with the ON Jersey-Stretch Tank and it looked great!













The Crochet-Hem V-Neck Tee is sooooo cute!  It's very comfy, and the tiny bit of crochet at the bottom is just enough to keep it interesting.  I ordered an XS in this and it's still roomy...so it definitely runs big, just a warning.  I also got both the petite and the regular length because the reviews said it ran big AND long...I'm torn between the two and will have to try it on with a few different bottoms before I decide.  I wish this came in more colors too because I would order more.













Lastly, I got two pairs of the Wide-Leg Walking Capris, one pair in Carbon (a dark charcoal gray) and one pair in New Black.  New gym attire!  I ordered these in a small and I'm wondering if maybe the medium would have been better?  The small fits fine, I just think the medium may give me more room to move (and fit more like they appear in the pic below)...although knowing how things usually work for me, the medium will probably be too big and all this wondering will be for nothing.  I plan on keeping the small, but trying on the medium in store if I can find them.  I guess if nothing more they may motivate me to lose a few pounds, which is kind of the point of the new gym attire in the first place, right?!














So those were my hits and misses... with more hits than misses for once!  I have my eye on a few more items on their website which I hope to check out when I make my returns/exchanges.  And even though it's not officially Summer yet, I'd say I'm pretty set with my wardrobe now.  In fact, I'm sure I can get rid of a lot of things...too many clothes, not enough closet space.  Isn't that always the case?

No comments:

Post a Comment