Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Shop It Out

We had a pretty rough Friday last week (hello, stress!), so Saturday we felt the need to kind of regroup and do something nice for ourselves.  The hubster wanted a new baseball cap and a few things at Bed Bath & Beyond... I wanted to take advantage of the Old Navy 30% off sale.  The weather was pretty awesome too, so what better way to spend the day then to do a little shopping :)

First stop was Aeropostale.  Now, before you go nuts and think we're thirtysomethings trying to pull off the teenager look, we just went in to look at hats because he likes the way they fit.  But I did happen to find something too, a new Spring/Summer purse!  I prefer to switch out to a "lighter" bag for the warmer months, something easy and breezy ;)  I got this bag for only $12.99, only in a tan canvas, not the teal pictured:

Next we headed to Old Navy where we picked up two new polos for the man (good for work and weekend) and found just a few things for me too:




Yeah, that's a whole lotta brown, but I love everything.  The dress is my favorite thing and I think it will become my new uniform this Summer.  I also ordered some more things online because the selection really sucked in the store:



So two more dresses (told you they'd become my uniform), some t-shirts (I got a few other colors as well), and a second pair of bermudas (which I'm kind of expecting they'll need to be returned).  I wasn't really expecting to buy that much, but with the sale we bought 11 pieces of clothing plus two pairs of flip-flops for a grand total of $135.  Not bad.

Then we headed to BBB and we each got one of these reuseable to-go cups for when we make our iced coffees during the warmer months, only $7.99:


And I got one of these trunk organizers to help wrangle all the crap that floats around the cargo area of my SUV:
Lastly we hit up Target just to browse (picked up a few things from the Dollar Spot), Barnes & Noble to buy a few compilation CD's (some classical, some new age - music to relax to!), and then a quick run through Ulta (the snotty sales people turned me off and we left with nothing).  To finish off the night we had dinner at Buca di Beppo's.  We usually visit this place with a big group since the food comes out family style, so this was the first time we went as just the two of us and we really enjoyed it.  We shared a small Mozarella Caprese and small Margherita Pizza...and I even had a $10 off $20 coupon ;)  Overall a great day. We went at our own pace, bought some fun things, and enjoyed spending time together most of all.  Exactly what we needed.

5 comments:

  1. i love your blog charlene!!

    i have the brown bermudas and the reusable iced coffee cups! the bermudas are so comfy, i have them in black as well. as for the reusable coffee cups....awesome!!!!

    i'm glad you had a nice weekend after a crappy friday. :c)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks Allie! I'm enjoying blogging a lot :)

    I hope the bermudas I ordered online fit as nice as the brown ones, you're right, they're so comfy! I'm wishing I would have ordered the black too, but will prob. just pick them up the next time I head to the store.

    Is your Keurig getting as much of a workout as ours is w/ the iced coffee feature? Steve loves to take one to work with him in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am so loving the iced coffee feature!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had planned to order online once we got home after shopping Sat but completely forgot. So bummed I missed out on 30% off those dresses! You picked up some really cute stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christina - you would love those dresses and I'm positive they'd work for you through the Summer as you "grow" ;) There are a bunch of colors on the site now for $10.99, and some are still $15. Worth it for sure! I'm in a small, regular...the petite would be too short.

    ReplyDelete