Monday, June 7, 2010

Redness Relief

I need to take a minute to rave about a new product I've been using for the past two weeks.  It's the Clinique Redness Solutions Instant Relief Mineral Powder


I've seen the product at the Clinique counter a few times before and I wasn't really sure what to think of it...it's a yellow powder, for God's sake!!!  None of the reps ever mentioned it to me or talked about it, and I never felt the need to ask about it either.  But I saw it mentioned in a Youtube video by Sardun1 and it peaked my interest.  I have redness issues, maybe this could work for me?!  So I picked it up and tried it out the very next day.  I'm sold.  I definitely see a difference when I use the powder.  It doesn't completely, totally, get rid of the red, but it tones it down a significant amount.  No matter how fair my foundation was, I never felt like my face, neck, and chest "matched"...but it does now :)  This is my new finishing powder, all the way.  It feels wonderful on my skin and it has a nice cooling effect too.  You can reapply throughout the day if you need to, and in my experience, if you use a light hand, it won't get cakey or give your skin a yellow cast.  It's a little pricey, at least for me, but you use a very small amount that the jar should last a pretty long time.  I highly recommend checking it out if you have redness issues!

2 comments:

  1. Why didn't my previous msg show up! Anyway. I should try this. My skin is always red. I'm a little confused though. She says to put it on after moisturizer and before foundation. Are you using it as a finishing powder? I wish my clinique counter wasn't so stingy with the samples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm using it as a finishing powder, yes. Before I went to buy it at the counter, I did my research on their website and they said it could be used as such so that's what I've been doing and am pleased. I can't imagine it using it before foundation, it seems like it would get pretty weird. I can share some of mine next time I see you so you can try it...my jar is kind of over-filled and it just makes a mess anyway.

    ReplyDelete