Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Birthday to...ME!

It's the first day of Summer, the longest day of the year, and MY birthday :)  Whoo hoo!  Mother Nature came through with an awesome birthday gift this year...it's to be absolutely beautiful today.  The hubster took a half day (originally for a different reason, but that "reason" was postponed, but still worked out in my favor) so we have plans to have an early dinner at a new restaurant that just opened near us, and then head to the movies to see SATC 2, finally!  I know he would never admit it, but I know he's looking forward to seeing it too, maybe not as much as I am, but still... 


Last weekend he let me pick out the watch I wanted because he knows how super duper picky I am and have to try things on and touch and inspect and go back and forth a million times between a few different styles and drive the salespeople (and him) crazy!  I ended up going with the Fossil Stella Skinny White Glitz Watch, but the face of mine doesn't look nearly as "mother of pearl-y" as it does on the Fossil website, which is a good thing in my opinion.  And because I'm a thifty shopper and the hubster is too, after the sale price and a coupon, we saved $30 off the price of the watch :)  And because I know my husband and know he has/had a "birthday budget" set in his mind, it only means I have money leftover towards something else ;)  So I'm not completely sure if he has anything else up his sleeve, but fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment