Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Healthy Snacking

I've been trying to cut down on my snacking and desserts, but when I do snack or am craving something sweet, I try to make it as healthy as possible.  One of my favorite healthy snacks/desserts, that I kind of forgot about until a few weeks ago, is a fruit and yogurt parfait with granola.  Very rarely do I actually make it pretty and layer it in a fancy glass, but it's still the same ingredients and idea, just in a bowl.


This day I was using vanilla yogurt, strawberries and vanilla almond granola.  I use 1 cup of yogurt (the recommended serving size), add about a cup of sliced strawberries, then sprinkle some granola on top.  Easy peasy.  It's filling, low in fat, a good source of protein, and it's yummy! I also love it with blueberries too :)


Any healthy snacks or desserts you enjoy that you'd care to share?  I'm always looking for new ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment