Thursday, September 2, 2010

Fall Into The Gap

Ahhh, the whirlwind that is Give & Get sale time has come to a close.  I always love this sale, always find great deals, always buy too much.  30% off is hard to pass up! 

I made two seperate trips to the Gap because on the first trip I felt rushed and didn't get enough time in the dressing room.  So that required a second trip to leisurely browse and see if I missed anything.  I bought 14 items and spent $160...which works out to be $11.43 an item!  I saved $70 with the coupon alone!  Most of the things I purchased were already on sale, so all combined I think I did pretty well.  And my wardrobe is most definitely set for Fall :)

Wanna see what I got???  Sure you do!

I got two of the Oversized Striped V-neck sweaters in the navy/grey stripe, and the eggplant/charcoal stripe.  Both were on sale for $19.99, so I only paid $13.99 each with the coupon...

  

...a solid Oversized V-Neck sweater in a pretty green, again, only $13.99 with the coupon...


...a Vintage Cardigan in a dark grey w/ dark green stripes that you see if you cuff the sleeves, on sale for $26.99, so I paid $18.90...


...and the Cascading Ruffles T in flint grey.


The next few things I picked off the sale racks at the back of the store (which I freely admit is usually the first place I check out whenever I shop at Gap):

...three of the Pocket T's in charcoal, light grey and brown.  All on sale for $7.99, so I only paid $5.60 each!  Great to throw on w/ jeans or for that price just wear them around the house.


...a Vintage Henley T in a pretty tan color (and of course that color is no longer pictured on the website).


...and a Striped Cropped-Sleeve Henley T.


I also picked up a two basic tanks for layering and two lace-trimmed camis (which I plan to return because the "straps" are too long and I feel like I'm too exposed).  Overall, I'm pretty pleased with what I purchased in-store.  With the exception of a few things I need to return (those lace-trimmed camis and possibly the solid v-neck sweater...still deciding if I need all three and I adore the striped ones too much!), I can't wait to wear everything once the weather cools down! 

I did place an online order for a few things from Gap and Old Navy that I wasn't able to see or try on in person at either store.  I'll probably do a seperate post showing you what I ordered and then update with what worked and what didn't. 

At any rate, I'm so ready for Fall.  Ready for jeans and sweaters, mums and pumpkins, hot chocolate and warm apple cider, colored leaves and cool crisp weather.  Does it get any better than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment