Saturday, March 27, 2010

Welcome!

Cheesy title, yes, I know!  So many possible titles passed through my head but every. single. one. was "not available".  Of course!  But the more I thought about what I wanted my blog to be about, the more I realized my working title wasn't so bad after all.  My initial thought was to just share things that I liked, things that made me happy...maybe a new recipe I tried out over the weekend, or a new eyeshadow I've started using that I just LOVE, a movie I watched the night before, or a book I'm currently reading.  And that's probably what this blog will be about, at least 90% of the time.  The other 10% could possibly get a bit whiny or depressing, but such is life...actually, such is MY life. 

Background: my husband is unemployed, and has been for about 13 months now (minus about 9 days of being gainfully employed, perhaps more on that at another time, the wounds are still too fresh).  It's a struggle for sure, but we are making it.  Some days are tough to get through when the reality of the situation sets in, however!, we're trying to keep our heads up, stay positive, and pray God knows what he's doing.  We're convinced there's a lesson in all this, right now though the only lessons we're learning are financial ones.  Live below your means, people!

So...welcome to my blog.  I hope you enjoy your visits :)

No comments:

Post a Comment